Friday 24 April 2009

James Jarvis.


Onwards from akqa on Vimeo.via highsnobiety.
Artist James Jarvis worked on an interesting new film project, entitled “Onwards”. One of his characters is featured in the short movie, running in a non-linear environment.

“I had become interested in the idea of characters that were less referential and more iconic and abstract. I particularly wanted to do something with a potato-headed stick-man that I had been drawing at that time.
The film was inspired by certain personal experiences in running – a favourite run over Blanchland moor in Northumberland, being attacked by a crow in Singapore – and also by the transcendent, almost psychedelic experience of the simple act of running.

Rather than a marketing project inititated by Nike, the film was something proposed and produced by myself, and as such I hope represents a much more equal collaboration with a brand.”

No comments: